UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR encourages both young artists to continue their practice upon graduation and practicing artists to be kept inspired. UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR aims at providing an ideal creative and living environment for all artists. Opens to all contemporary artists throughout the year, during the residency, artists are encouraged to create a new body of work, engage in conversation with artists from China and around the world. Since the launch of the residency project in October 2017, there are over 100 artists have participated in the UИTITLEDSPΛCE residency program.
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ the building itself covers an area of 550 square meters, a total of 4 floors. The ground floor contains 6 private studios within sharing studio space (total of 220 square meters) and 3 storage rooms. The 1st floor is filled with 2 exhibition spaces, 1 cafe, and kitchen, 1 laundry room, 2 courtyards. The 2nd floor contains 7 private rooms for resident artists. The 3rd floor contains an office and 1 rooftop terrace. Gallery, accommodation, and studio all in the same building, for a more convenient living and working environment, ideal for an art residency.
Duration of residency
Between 1-6 months
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR provides private bedrooms for selected artists with a queen-size or super single-size bed with an air conditioner (warm and cold), a desk and a chair, an open closet. Artists are free to use the cafe/kitchen, laundry room(washing machine and dryer), rooftop garden with outdoor swings, and other common space.
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
Disciplines Visual Art, Sculpture Ceramics, Dance, Theatre, Printmaking, Performing Arts, Music, Literature, New Media, Animations, Film-making, Architecture, Curatorial, Photography Work equipment There is a wide variety of tools/equipment available for resident artists. Such as easel, tripod, lighting gear, projector, monitor, speakers, electric kiln, etc. Assistance There is on-site (24hrs) residency staff that assist resident artists sourcing materials, production of the artwork, ordering food delivery, setting up the exhibition, translation, etc.
Studio / Workspace
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR will provide a semi-sharing studio, each resident artist has their own working space. There is a wide variety of tools/equipment available for resident artists. Such as easel, tripod, lighting gear, projector, monitor, speakers, electric kiln and etc.
Fees and support
- The residency is run as a sustainable program, the residency fee meets the minimal cost of running the residency.
- For the current residency fee, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The residency does not carry any funding support yet, so we encourage artists to manage the scholarship application, grants, or financial support in their home countries during the application period. Untitled Space will provide the necessary documentation to the selected applicant that so requires.
- Resident artist is responsible for their transportation, food, art material, and other living expenses.
- At the end of each residency program, all residency works belong to the residency artists, and UИTITLEDSPΛCE does not ask for the residency artists to donate their residency works.
Expectations towards the artist
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR will curate exhibitions for resident artists at the end of each residency program. Exhibitions are a chance for resident artists to summarize their projects and experience during the residency. Resident artists will exhibit their works at the UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ Gallery according to our exhibition schedule (Usually the exhibition takes place on the last weekend of the month).Artists who stay for 1 or 2 months, will participate in the group exhibition, for the artist who stays for 3 months, there will be a solo exhibition.*Participation in the exhibition is not compulsory.