Call for Submissions 2021 – 15th Busan International Video Art Festival
■ RULES & TERMS
– Video artworks (Please submit in MP4 format or Vimeo links)
– We only accept works that produced from 2019 to the deadline below
– Up to 2 works per person
– 500,000 KRW for each selected work (If two works are selected, 500,000 KRW for each)
– Screening at the 15th BIVAF (method can be discussed)
■ DEADLINE & HOW TO APPLY
Submissions schedule : 3 September 2021 ~ 17 September 2021 (All Day)
How to apply: E-mail (email@example.com)
Documents to be submitted: Files or links of artworks, Application form
Title of mail : <applicant name_15>
Name of the attached file : <artist name_work title_running time_production year>
(*You can download the form in the Google Drive link on our website.)
■ PERIOD & VENUE
Period : 6 November 2021 ~ 21 November 2021
Opening times: 11:00~19:00 (Closed on Monday)
Venue: Space HEEM (B1 & 2F, 3, Sumi-ro 50beon ga-gil, Suyeong-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea) / www.spaceheem.com
■ SELECTION & ANNOUNCEMENT
Selection: by a jury composed of 2-3 experts
Announcement of selected works: End of September 2021, Notified on our website, SNS, and Individual contact
Busan International Video Art Festival
Busan Cultural Foundation
Busan Metropolitan City
Busan International Video Art Festival [BIVAF] aims to expand the base of video arts. In addition to the selection of works through open submissions, we invite and screen video artworks from all over the world by curation so that people can understand the flow of contemporary video art.
*We use submitted files only for selection and screening. We will delete the files after the festival. Please note that we may cancel the selection if there is any incorrect information.
Riverviews Artspace Annual Juried Art Show
Now a nation-wide open call, the Riverviews Artspace Annual Juried Art Show has been a tradition for 13 years. Artists of any media and subject matter, from any US State can enter 3 works for consideration to the chosen juror, Elsabé Dixon.
The show is open to artists living in the U.S. Artists may submit a maximum of three entries in any medium and concerning any subject matter. Work must be original and must have been completed in the last five years. 2D work must be ready to hang with the appropriate hardware. 3D work must come with display instructions. Artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of work and any associated cost.
Email a maximum of 3 images with full entry information with entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Juried Show Entry” by September 16th at 5pm EST.
1st: $1000 | 2nd: $500 | 3rd: $250
Awards will be given out at the discretion of the juror. $100 is given for People’s Choice Award. Public voting is from Nov 6th-30th.
The nonrefundable entry fee is $35.00
THROUGHLINES contemporary drawing exhibition
The Indianapolis Art Center announces a Call for Entry to Throughlines. Throughlines is a juried exhibition featuring contemporary drawing – contemporary takes on a traditional technique. This exhibition will highlight the world of drawing today and the richness found in the wide variety of techniques, styles, and aesthetics involved. The Art Center is calling for entries from artists 18 or older working in any drawing-related media in the United States. Work made with any drawing technique or work that utilizes drawing as a critical component are eligible.
Art Center Gallery Hours:
Monday-Friday 9 am-10 pm
Saturday 9 am-6 pm
Sunday Noon-6 pm
DISCOVERY ART FAIR COLOGNE
Important dates | April 29th – May 1st, 2022 | Opening April 28th, 2022
Venue: XPOST in Cologne | Gladbacher Wall 5, 50670 Cologne
From April 28th to May 1st, 2022 we bring young, contemporary art back to the art metropolis of Cologne. The Discovery Art Fair (formerly known as KÖLNER LISTE) is an event designed to inspire and engage, inciting the discovery of new names and artworks. Addressing both new and experienced collectors, the fair showcases a wide spectrum of emerging contemporary art at affordable prices. With an extraordinary selection of local and international galleries, the Discovery Art Fair aims to become one of the most interesting art events to follow as one of the most progressive art fairs in Germany.
Art lovers see the Discovery Art Fair as an ideal extension to Art Cologne, which takes place in the fall. A place where their knowledge of the contemporary scene is broadened and their collecting possibilities expand. Clad in friendly and communicative atmosphere, the organizers invite all visitors to enter the dialogue with artists and gallerists and to connect with the international art community. The stimulating environment of the fair is where many new artistic relationships blossom, and where experienced collectors and first-time buyers can spot and buy original art for their home or office.
The diversity of artistic objects and media is another feature of this art show, ranging from large-scale canvasses to miniature editions. With painting being only one of the mediums present at the Discovery Art Fair, visitors will be presented with works of sculpture, graphic prints, mixed media, installations, photography, video art and urban art.
Along with the variety of art, the quality of works presented is as equally important to the Discovery Art Fair team. Imbued with an abundance of styles and visual expressions, the art that the public will see at the exhibition is carefully selected by the exhibitors especially for this occasion. Many of the artworks that had their debut at the fair found their way into world-renowned art spaces around the world later on.
Spanning across the 4000 sqm of the historic XPOST venue, the fair introduces new art Cologne hasn’t seen before, serving as the hub for all contemporary art enthusiasts. The late 19th-century industrial halls of the locale serve as the perfect setting for the exhibition and its program. In addition to art presentations, the Discovery Art Fair will organize various educational programs for artists and art professionals, as well as workshops and guided tours.
The Discovery Art Fair is more than an art fair in Cologne. It is a place of immersion into the art world, an event to connect with art professionals and dealers and meet artists in person, and a market for some of the most inventive high-quality affordable art.
We at the Discovery Art Fair Cologne look forward to presenting you with another unique art-viewing experience, hoping to encourage your collector’s spirit to act!
4th Annual Women Artists Art Competition
There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about.” ~Helen Frankenthaler
Fusion Art is once again celebrating women artists with its 19th quarterly online art competition. For the 4th Annual Women Artists art competition, the gallery invites both 2D and 3D submissions from women artists, only, regardless of their location or their experience or education in the art field.
Historically women artists have not received the respect and recognition that their talent deserves. Fusion Art again wants to honor the greatness and talent of women artists. This is an international open competition so any subject matter and any media is acceptable. The work can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all women artists, over the age of 18, are encouraged to submit their best 2D and 3D representational and non-representational art and photography.
A three-month group online exhibition will be featured on the Fusion Art website starting November 15, 2021.
All competitions include awards in three categories – “Traditional” Art, “Digital & Photography” and 3-Dimensional Art (if the gallery receives 3D entries). Best in Show and 2nd through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will be invited to Fusion Art’s Annual Group Show in Palm Springs.
Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given. Please see further information below under the Awards section.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 6,500 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites including ARTFIXdaily, Artweek/Artjobs, Art Guide and Art.base.co and through our extensive and continually growing social media network.
Artweek.com has 40,000+ newsletter subscribers and almost 300,000 website visitors per month, Art.Base.co has over 10,000 newsletter subscribers and in excess of 35,000 unique monthly visitors, the Art Guide is one of the most online referenced resources for art events locally, nationally and internationally, and ARTFIXdaily is the industry leader in curated news from the Art World.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: August 13, 2021
- Deadline for Entries: November 5, 2021
- Opening of Online Exhibition: November 15, 2021
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: February 14, 2022 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 4 years)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $20 for 1 image.
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $35 for up to 5 images (average of $7 per image).
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as FirstName_LastName_Title.jpeg. Example: John_Smith_Untitled.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- “Traditional” is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, printmaking, encaustic, fabric, collage, and mixed media.
- “Photography & Digital” is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art). Digital Art that is a derivative work, created from another original artwork, must be significantly different as to constitute a new original work. The gallery reserves the right to request a copy of the original artwork if copyright infringement is suspected.
- “3-Dimensional” Art is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art. All 3D entries now require front, back and side views to be considered and properly juried. There is no additional fee for these additional images. Please see entry form for instructions.
- There are no size limitations on the artwork.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be entered into the competition.
- Best in Show will be awarded to one artist in each category – Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries).
- 2nd through 2nd Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- The Best in Show winners will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art’s annual group show in Palm Springs.
- All award winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- Video slideshows of the group exhibition will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art’s YouTube channel.
- Links to the artist’s website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist’s website.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit:
Subscribe to our newsletter
Call For Artists “Inspirational Art in Mixed Media”
About “Inspirational Art in Mixed Media”
The “Inspirational Art in Mixed Media” online art exhibition will take place October 20 – December 20, 2021 on The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS website.
Our online exhibitions attract thousands of viewers interested in art that is positive, uplifting and healing. We enjoy providing underrecognized artists widespread exposure to our international audience, direct more traffic to their websites, and expand their audience across several social media networks.
When artists apply skill, innovation and imagination to their use of mixed media there are no limits to what they can achieve! We look forward to presenting a wide variety of “Inspirational Art in Mixed Media” to present the breadth and depth these extraordinary mixed media artists are capable of creating.
Artists Who Use Mixed Media Are Invited To Submit Their Best Art
Entries accepted by using this entry form
All styles, all sizes and all 2 and 3-D Art in mixed media from all artists worldwide are welcome.
The Curator: Renee Phillips, Founder of The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS, and Director of Manhattan Arts International, NYC, NY states: “For this exhibition ‘Inspirational Art in Mixed Media’ I am looking for art that is a unique and creative combination of two or more different mediums. The art must have: a strong inspirational impact upon the viewer; creative originality; and superior technical skills in the chosen mediums. As part of the jurying process I will visit the artists’ websites to learn more about them and view their overall body of artwork.” Read more about Renee Phillips.
The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS (HPAA) is a growing global community of artists, advocates, and writers dedicated to raising awareness about how ART serves as a positive catalyst for enhancing the well-being of individuals, society and the environment. We believe that art has the power to heal, inspire, provoke, challenge and offer hope. Learn more about us.
Selections and Special Awards
At least 30 artists will have one of their entries chosen for the online exhibition on this website with their statement and a link to their website.
At least 20 artists will be chosen for articles about mixed media art. Articles will be published on this website and on the Manhattan Arts International website.
10 artists will be featured in a Youtube video on the Manhattan Arts International Youtube channel.
3 artists who use mixed media in an innovative way with exceptional skills will have a Featured Article published on this website and a link to their website.
What materials do you use in your mixed media art and why?
Basic Requirements for Artists – Please Read to Avoid Rejection
* Please submit images in JPEG format using the Entry Form
* Specifications: JPEG file size must not exceed 1 MB. Jpeg size should be at least 800 pixels on the longest side. DPI (dots per inch) can be 72-100 dpi.
* File must be labeled with FirstName _Last Name_EntryNumber.
* To avoid rejection, please submit good quality, properly cropped images.
* You must be at least 18 years of age and the sole creator of the artwork.
* A minimum of two images is required. You may submit up to six images for consideration.
* Each work of art must include at least 2 different mediums.
* You must have your own art website. (Social media platforms are not acceptable as an artist’s website.)
* An artist statement must accompany your entries, written in the first person. Write what inspires you to create art and what you like best about using mixed media. 80 words maximum.
If you don’t know how to resize jpegs read this article: https://www.wikihow.com/Resize-a-JPEG
Attention Artist Members: Please don’t submit art that already appears on any page on this website.
Entries: July 22 – August 31, 2021.
Exhibition: September 20 – November 20, 2021
All entrants will receive a confirmation of entries via email within 2 business days.
(Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so my email will not end up in your trash folder.)
September 18: An email newsletter will be sent to all entrants with a list of selected artists.
Entry fee for 2 entries $25. Each additional entry is $10. Payable using Paypal.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
Please note, this is a competitive curated selection process and not all artists will be accepted. Every effort will be made to include as many artists as possible in this exhibition and in articles on this website and other websites.
As an artist who is applying for this competition you permit The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS and Manhattan Arts International to display your images on the website accompanied by your name and website.
The art does not have to be available for sale.
The Healing Power of ART & ARTISTS does not engage in the sale of any art featured on our website.
Call for submissions Al-Tiba9 ONLINE ART EXHIBITION.
The exhibition FUTURE IS TODAY Vol.3 will feature artists from around the world. With a series of high-level digital artworks, the show reflects new perspectives and inspirations that attract our future. This particular online exhibition aims to give the artists a curated show and extensive international exposure to help them deal with the online technologies and confront their works and creativity in a virtual environment.
Open Call ‘The Good Life’ Art exhibition in Germany
Exhibit your art in Germany in GG3, Gallery for sustainable art in Germany. This offer gallery offers the chance to exhibit their work at the gallery free of charge. there are different exhibitions during the year. in order to apply you need to submit your work to the Gallery for sustainable art in Germany.
The Gallery for sustainable art in Germany focuses on
ecological topics combined with social and/or economic issues.
The gallery accepts work in the follwing areas: Object art, installation, drawing, photography, video, land art, painting and others. work.
Application deadline: one exhibition per year.
- Exhibition space with equipment and supervision,
- Organization and supervision of events,
- Advertising by mail, websites, social media, flyers,
- Organization of the worktext, the lecture, the documentation and other events. Documentation of the exhibition
- We are a free, self-organized project space by artists and work without a fee.
- There is no budget for production, additional technical equipment, transport and insurance.
- We do not take any fees from the artists.