Submission Deadline: 31st May 2024
- Artists can apply to the 8th edition of the Chianciano Biennale at the bottom of this page.
- The exhibition will will take place from the 3rd to the 18th of August 2024,
- All exhibited works must be approved by the selection committee of the Chianciano Art Museum.
- Artists can apply from any stage of their career (emerging or established) and from any nation.
- Artists can apply with one or more artworks but each artwork will be judged individually.
- There are no geographical nor thematic limitations to artwork submissions and there is no minimum age.
- Submitted artworks can have been previously exhibited or published
- Submitted artworks can be from any year of an artist’s career
- Approximately 150 artists will be selected exclusively on the basis of the works submitted.
- Accepted artistic disciplines are not restricted and include (but not restricted to) works on canvas/ board/ paper/ other supports, mediums such as oil/ acrylic/ collage/ printmaking watercolours/ mixed medias, photography, digital art (including AI assisted art), video art, sculpture, fibre art and installation.
- There is no specific size limit but if an artwork is larger than 250cm, on any side, contact us and request specific information before submitting the work.
- If a single artwork has numerous elements, that are integral parts of the same artwork such as a diptych or triptych, then it is considered as one artwork submission.
- Artworks that are in a series that can be sold or shown individually/separately are regarded as separate submissions.
- Collaborative works are eligible. When the work is submitted please write all artist names under the artist name field (e.g. artist name & artist name &…) and use your collaborative group name under the pseudonym field if you have one.
- Approved artists are invited to attend the Biennale inauguration with guests but there is no actual requirement for artists to be personally present during the Biennale.
- Recommended image qualities: The selection process is on screen and we receive the exact file you send. Therefore, if you are happy with how your artwork can be viewed/evaluated on your screen, that is exactly how we will see it on ours. All formats accepted. 10mb limit per file.
- Submission deadline: 31 May 2024
- Selected artists will be announced in mid June on social media and our website. The selected artists will also be contacted by email. Artists that are not selected will not receive a formal rejection notification.
The Chianciano Biennale is an art competition & open call for artists. The main prizes are as follows and no artist can receive more than one prize and no prize will be awarded to more than one artist:
- €2.500 Best work at the Chianciano Biennale
- €1.000 Chianciano Biennale Award for Best Painting
- €1.000 Chianciano Biennale Award for Best Sculpture/Installation
- €1.000 Chianciano Biennale Award for Best Work on Paper
- €1.000 Chianciano Biennale Award for Best Digital/Photographic works
- Five artists will be automatically approved/selected to participate in the London Art Biennale 2025
- Five artists will be selected for a critique by the International Confederation of Art Critics
- Five artists win a week’s stay in Tuscany at the Chianciano Arts Club Boutique Hotel
- Read more