The EU-funded project Euro-Egyptian Cultural Program (EECP) is launching a call for artists to join an art residency program in Egypt working with Egyptian independent cultural actors.
The purpose of the residency is to offer the artists the opportunity to spend time in a new atmosphere and environment, support cultural and artistic exchange, nurture experimentation and new ideas, and support research and the development of new work. An additional aim is to implement artistic activities or programmes that lead to Egyptian audiences, new production/creation, new markets and new visibility.
- Artists from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
- At least 2- years of experience in the field of Visual Arts.
- This call for projects is for the development of initial concepts and “works in progress”; applications with completed/previously-showcased pieces will not be accepted.
- In order to communicate among fellow artists sufficient knowledge of English is required .
- Have a sample of their work to showcase or send a brief about.
- Ability and willingness to travel internally, meet with new audiences and cultures and explore ideas and experiments.
- Ability to work within a timeline.
- Can travel to Egypt within the timeline of the residency. Full commitment to the announced timeline.
- By the end of the residency period, the artists will be required to participate in public artist talks, media interviews, panels or related activities
31 January 2024
- EUNIC and the local partner will offer the opportunity of an art residency program up to three artists for a four-week stay including airfares, accommodation, per diem and transportation.
- EUNIC team and local partner will offer support to understand and learn about the Egyptian cultural scene, and identify partners and audiences.
- EUNIC team and local partner will support artists with their planning and implementation phases on the organization, logistical matters, and work.
- The EUNIC Residency Programme is designed to support contemporary emerging artists from different disciplines in exploration and experimenting in their artistic practice.
- The opportunity to develop their ideas and interact with renowned artists to share experiences
The Residency takes place from April to May 2024
Goals, Discovery and Planning. Artists will get to connect with the Egyptian cultural scene, artists, eco system, get involved in brainstorming, ideas initiations and planning for an outcome implementation.
- Learning about the Egyptian cultural scene and possible partners.
- Identifying opportunities for cooperation.
- Planning and drafting a programme for production/showcasing and implementation with Egyptian partners.
- Lead live sessions or panels.