Trout Museum of Art invites Wisconsin artists to submit new work for its annual
TMA Contemporary exhibition (formerly the SECURA Fine Arts Exhibition). Please
submit three images of the same work or images of up to three different works
(all in the same medium or each in different mediums).
IMPORTANT: three images are required to advance in your application. Even if they are the same image submitted three times.
*A BOOTH SHOT IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR THIS SHOW. PLEASE DISREGARD BOOTH SHOT.*
WHAT WORK WILL BE CONSIDERED:
All forms of artwork will be considered including, but not limited to:
- social practice
- mixed media
- outdoor installation work
* NOTE: If submitting more than one artwork in different mediums please select “Other” in the Medium Catagory in the pages to follow.
Best in Show: $4,000 + solo exhibition at TMA + waived jury fee for following year’s application
Honorable Mentions (x3): $1,500 ($500 each)
- Work must have been completed in 2021-2022.
- Work selected will exemplify the Trout Museum of Art’s commitment to creating a safe space for all art practices. We want to see our best artists and community have meaningful conversations about art and compelling issues of our day.
- If there are specific installation needs for the work, please describe. Including pedestals, vitrines, technical audio-visual needs, special installation instructions, etc.
- If selected, work must be delivered to the Trout Museum of Art on one of the dates listed below. Shipping to and from the museum will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Artwork can be listed for sale at a price set by the artist – please note, the Trout Museum of Art will take a 35% commission on all sold work at the museum. Mark prices accordingly.
Artists whose work
has been accepted for the exhibition will be notified via email by 6:00 PM on
April 8, 2022.
Prior to acceptance results, applications will be juried by a committee of three professional members of our local and regional arts community.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Submissions Open: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Submissions Close: Friday, February 25, 2022
Accepted Artist Notification: Friday, April 8, 2022
Accepted Artwork Drop-Off: April 8 – May 8 during regular museum hours (closed Mondays)
Opening Reception:__________ Saturday, May 28, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Exhibition Dates: Saturday, May 28 – Sunday, August 14
Artwork Pickup: August 15 – 24 (Monday – Friday ONLY 10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Average number of applications submitted each year:
Average number of artists selected from the jury to participate in the event:
Average number of exempt from jury artists who are invited to participate in the event:
How images are viewed by jurors:
Within a medium category, applications are sorted and viewed by:
Jurors score applications using the following scale:
1 – 10
Number of jurors scoring applications:
The show organizes the jurors for a:
Single jury panel that scores applications for all medium categories
Separately from various locations
Am I allowed to observe the jury process?
Jury process is closed