Fully funded scholarships to study music in Switzerland
Every year the Paul Sacher Foundation awards a limited number of research grants (CHF 2250.00 per month) to visiting scholars, particularly those from abroad. They are intended primarily to help defray the costs of living in Basel.
Prerequisites and Details
- Scholars interested in applying must have completed a degree in musicology or possess comparable qualifications.
- The major part of the research project should involve the Foundation’s own archival holdings.
- The duration of the grant (a minimum of one month) must be appropriate to the scope of the project.
- Preference in the awarding of grants will be given to first-time applicants.
- Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
- A brief report of the scholar’s activities must be submitted at the end of the grant period.
Notes on Applications
- Applications may be submitted before either of two cut-off dates: 15 February or 31 August.
- The applications must contain the following enclosures:
– Curriculum vitae (with date of birth, and nationality)
– Detailed project description (ca. three pages) including a working title, and the requested duration of the grant period
– List of publications
– Copies of two or three publications.
- Applications should be submitted in digital form (PDF) wherever possible, using the following contact address.
for applications and inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org