Arthereistanbul is launching its Custom-Made Residency Program and will welcome the first residents in 2017.
These residencies of one to three months can be for research, reflection, projects writing or development, without the pressure of production.
The Custom-Made Residency Program is opened to artists, researchers, curators, writers, from all backgrounds and all kind of experience in various disciplines of arts and culture. The project and its adequacy with arthereistanbul’s vision and territory will determine the participation in our residency program.
The purpose of this Custom-Made Residency Program is to allow the artist / researcher / curator / art professional to work on the first steps of his/her project. This can consist of writing a first draft, leading a research, looking for archives, gathering elements for an art project, or work on a small production.
A custom made package is put together for each artist or group of artists. There can be an individual accompaniment by artehereistanbul team and other external specialists, if required for the artistic work process. arthereistanbul team can also offer her support and advice on administrative matters and help in finding partners.
A residency fee of 1000 euros per month (18% VAT included) applies to the residency.
The fees do not include:
– International and local travel
THE FEES INCLUDE
Accommodation in Kadikoy, in the neighborhood of Rasimpasa, nearly arthereistanbul and the studio space.
– studio space,
– an archive room,
– darkroom facilities,
– gallery for art exhibitions, concerts, screenings, performances,
– a small courtyard for outdoor artworks,
-3D Printing facilities.
– wood and carpenter working tools,
– basic office material (papers, markers, tape??),
– technical material (cables, speakers, beamer, screen, projector, video players ?? DVD/blueray, midi keyboard, etc),
– non-professional printer,
– internet access.
Food: arthereistanbul is also a co-working coffee space where the resident can enjoy drinks and home made snacks.
Preparation, administrative advisory, networking:
– a pre-residency online preparation with the arthereistanbul’s team to plan the the residency accordingly to the needs and requirements of the project
– support, advice, for administrative, financial, partnerships issues for each resident. arthereistanbul aims to fill the gap between the participants and the different actors in the city
– a series of cultural visits to some local organizations, spaces, art centers of Istanbul in relation to the needs of the project. These activities can be accompanied by informal meetings with local cultural actors
– organization of public events or exhibition, at the end of the residency, in line with the project and the need of the resident.
arthereistanbul helps with visa application by sending the selected applicants an official invitation letter and helping with all other necessary documents required.
– Send us an email to check the availability calendar or receive the application form or download it from our resartis page
– Fill in the application form and send it along with the requested documents
– The application should be sent no later than 2 months before the requested starting date of the residency.
Terms and conditions
Please do not send any deposit before your project idea has been officially approved.
Since our physical and managerial capacity has limits, once we select a project we count on your commitment to stay as long as you declare in your application.
Reservations are completed when 30% of the total fee is transferred to arthereistanbul. This is non-refundable.
The rest is due to be paid upon the arrival to the residency.
Fee is 18% VAT included.
Residency Programme since:2015
Description of Organisation:
arthereistanbul is an art center founded in 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey. It is situated in Rasimpasa, a vibrant and growing neighborhood of Kadik0y on the Asian side of Istanbul. Rasimpasa has seen significant changes over the last few years and particularly the emergence of a new art scene (artists studios, galleries and cafes).
arthereistanbul is an artist-run center, which is comprised of a studio, an art gallery and a cafe, and is led by artists and arts professionals from Syria, Turkey and France. The center gathers artists from all over the world and particularly the Middle East and Turkey. The primary target of arthereistanbul was to provide a space for Syrian newcomers, responding to their need for a place to continue their artistic practice and (re)create artistic and social networks. Now our center continues to function as a shelter for displaced Syrian artists, and has also evolved into a local open cultural hub for the neighborhood.
arthereistanbul is an interdisciplinary and collaborative working space where artists, curators, researchers or arts professionals can develop their projects, connect, and be in touch with the particular diversity of the neighborhood and Istanbul. Thus arthereistanbul hosts artists working in diverse artistic fields such as visual arts, music, performing arts, writing etc. We also organize special artistic events and exhibitions, and collaborate with local and international festivals. We sometimes invite professionals to give workshops and training in art management or curating.
Where to find art residencies:
Many websites offer you the chance to find art residencies, art-house online gallery post regularly art residencies and contests, visit regularly to find what you are looking for. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive a custom offer every month.Many people read our art newsletter ; you should too!