Dancehouse is piloting a new residency program: On Residence, offering Australian independent dance artists time, space, and cash to create and connect with Dancehouse’s network of dance-loving organizations and their communities in outer-metropolitan and regional Victoria and NSW.
The art residency supports
- A cash fee of $2,500 (equivalent to 1 artist for 2 weeks, or 2 artists for 1 week)
- Access to at least 2 weeks of space On Residence with the host partner
- Accommodation either on site with the host or nearby
Additionally, some On Residence recipients will be supported with:
- Per diems for up to 2 weeks for 1 person (at $372.04 per week).
- Ground travel including: MYKI, petrol, car use or car hire where applicable
- Access costs (e.g childcare, support workers).
Number of awards
Tuesday 4 May (9am): Expressions of Interest OPEN
1 June (Midnight): Expressions of Interest CLOSE
June : Meet and Match with Venue Partners
July : On Residency Offers
July — June : On Residence begins
Duration of the art residency
on to two weeks.