See also: available art residencies.
The Xi·Art Museum Generative Project is an important and fundamental component of the development of the Xi·Art Museum. Different from the regular operating model of art museums, the Generative Project focuses more on open, growing, and participatory art practices and field research processes. Through long-term exchanges and cooperation with domestic and international artists, the Generative Project roots artistic creations in specific natural fields and contexts, where the creative works will be permanently preserved and displayed. Xi·Art Museum Generative Project is hosted by Lucitopia Town·Zixi Qingliang Mountain and Curated by C-PLATFORM. The Project will announce its annual topics, open call the domestic and international artists through applications by individuals and groups, or proposal recommended by the referrers, and the realization of the selected proposal, contribute to the organic growth of the Xi·Art Museum.
Not all life forms are visible to the naked eye. Bacteria, fungi and viruses live inside and on us, influencing all life on earth. Not only do microbes determine our metabolic capabilities and human health, but they are also at the basis of many processes that provide us with food, medicine and materials. We use yeasts for cooking and brewing, bacteria allow for fermentation processes and artists, architects and designers have experimented with the mycelium as a sustainable biomaterial in the creative field. The way in which natural intelligence generates collaboration and connection is possibly even more astonishing. The microscope and other technologies allows us to get familiar with the hidden life of microbes, triggering a new dimension in our imagination and new ways of seeing and understanding the world that surrounds us.
- In the field of contemporary art practice and natural research
- Open to different type of medium
- Artists, curators, designers and other creative practitioners and scientists in China and abroad
Number of Selected Projects
- 10-20 pieces/sets
- International/domestic round-trip flight tickets and transportation subsidy [no more than RMB 5,000 per person/group], lodging at appointed accommodations, shared studio space, and food [three meals per day];
- Selected works will be supported by the Project Material Grant [the amount of funding depends on the specific proposals];
- Professional support from project assistants during the residency process; Opportunities to participate in various exchange activities;
- We encourage and assist applicants to apply for international cultural exchange funds to sponsor their proposals.
- Call for Proposals: August 1st, 2021 – July 31, 2022
- Proposal Review: up to 15 business days from the date of receiving the application materials
- Implementation of the Proposals Selected: depends on the specific proposals
Steps to Apply
1. Applicants need to prepare the following materials:
2. Send application materials to :
- Official Email : email@example.com
[Please indicate in the subject of the email:Application for the Xi·Art Museum Generative Project]
- The incomplete application material submission will be considered as a waiver of eligibility
- All the submission materials can be in Chinese or English.