Deadline 13 April 2022
Status: applications are open.
Prizes: up to 10000 JPY in prizes.
Who may enter
The competition is open to anyone.
The competition is organized by the Executive Committee of the Triennale of KOGEI in Kanazawa, Japan.
“ The Kogei World Competition in Kanazawa is an international competition that showcases new innovations in craft (kogei). The competition calls for entries that utilize craft techniques to create expressive works of art characterized by outstanding concepts or ideas.
Works should consist of craft materials such as ceramics, metal, textiles, lacquer, dolls, wood, bamboo, glass, leather, enamel, paper, or some combination thereof.
Both three-dimensional and flat works will be accepted.
Only one work per artist(s) can be submitted.
1. Grand Prize SUGANO Yukiko, deep river, 2018, photo: OKAMURA Kichiro
2. Merit Award AOKI Chie, BODY19-1 A body in Solitude, 2019, photo: IKEDA Hiraku
3. Encouragement Award HATAISHI Shuji, Rin, 2018, photo: ISHIMARU Hiroshi
The competition is free to enter.
• Grand Prize: 1,000,000 JPY (1 winner)
• Second Prize: 500,000 JPY (1 winner)
• Special Recognition Award: 200,000 JPY (3 winners)
• Next Generation Award: 100,000 JPY (2 winners)
For further information visit the official competition website.