Art Contest Title: The 23rd ShinHan Postcard Art Contest “What do you feel like doing right now?”
April 12, 2019 ~ May 31, 2019 11:59PM KST (UTC +9) (closed)
Art-lovers from all over the world (age limit : 4 ~ 18)
paper (drawing/kent) suitable for painting
– Size: 14.7 cm x 10 cm (5.78 in x 3.93 in)
– Fine art paint should be used as the main medium and
other media can only be used partially.
– Only one piece of artwork may be submitted per person.
Hosted by ShinHan Art Materials, the ShinHan Postcard Art Contest (SPAC) has been running for 23 years with an unswerving aim to educate and grow young artists in Korea. Since 1997, SPAC has attracted more than 400,000 entries to date from all across the nation and became one of the most prestigious contests highly recognized and appreciated by Korean art industry.
For the first time in ShinHan’s history, SPAC was opened to art-lovers from all over world in 2018. As a result, the 22nd SPAC was filled with creative imaginations and precious memories of more than 500 participants from 30 different countries. Following last year’s massive global success, ShinHan is more than happy to announce the commencement of the 23rd SPAC.
Theme: What do you feel like doing right now?
Submit your entry by uploading image file of your artwork
* awardees will be required to submit their actual artwork via post
GRAND PRIZE – 1 WINNER
Certificate & Cash Prize (KRW 2,000,000)
FIRST PLACE – 1 WINNER FOR EACH AGE CATEGORY
– Age 16 ~ 18 : Certificate & Cash Prize (KRW 700,000)
– Age 13 ~ 15 : Certificate & Cash Prize (KRW 500,000)
– Age 7 ~ 12 : Certificate & Cash Prize (KRW 300,000)
– Age 4 ~ 6 : Certificate & Cash Prize (KRW 300,000)
SECOND PLACE – 2 WINNERS FOR EACH AGE CATEGORY
– Age 16 ~ 18 : Certificate, Cash Prize (KRW 100,000) & Art Materials by ShinHan
– Age 13 ~ 15 : Certificate, Cash Prize (KRW 100,000) & Art Materials by ShinHan
– Age 7 ~ 12 : Certificate, Cash Prize (KRW 100,000) & Art Materials by ShinHan
– Age 4 ~ 6 : Certificate, Cash Prize (KRW 100,000) & Art Materials by ShinHan
THIRD PLACE – 8 WINNERS
Certificate & Art Materials by ShinHan
FOURTH PLACE – 200 WINNERS
Certificate & Art Material by ShinHan
HONORABLE MENTIONS – 500 WINNERS
NEXT GENERATION ARTIST AWARD – TBA
Certificate & Art Material by ShinHan
Application fee :
Art Contest Title: The Thirteenth Japan International MANGA Award
April 8th 2019 – June 14h 2019 (closed)
(1) Eligible MANGA works need to be composed of more than 16 pages. Both published and unpublished works are eligible to apply, excluding the past winning works of Japan International Manga Awards.
(2) Eligible MANGA works should be the ones which have been produced within the past three years (2016-2019)from the date of application.
(3) Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in printed form. (Submission of data might be required later on.)
(4) Overseas publishing companies can apply to the Japan International MANGA Award, upon confirmation from the MANGA artists of submitting their work.
(5) Either the comic artist or story writer of the submitted work has to be a foreign national. Also, the representative who will participate in the invitation program given to the Gold / Silver Award winners must be a foreign national.
(6) Only one work may be submitted per applicant. Only one work may be accepted under one title (or series). In case that a collection of short stories is to be applied, only one story will be accepted for examination. Duplicate entries will be invalid.
(7) For the purpose of publicity, the MANGA Award Executive Committee may upload the winner’s MANGA works (partially) on its website upon obtaining approval from the artists.
To spread MANGA culture overseas and promote international cultural exchanges through MANGA.
- Application Period April 8th 2019 – June 14h 2019 (entries must arrive by this date)
- (2) Applications should be sent to either i) or ii) below. i) Japanese Embassies or Consulates General (Check online for each address.) ii) P.O.Box MBE193 The Thirteenth Japan International MANGA Award Executive Committee Shinjuku Oak Tower 2F, 6-8-1 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN Postcode:163-6002
- (3) Two copies of your work must be submitted. (Additional copies may be requested for works being considered for an award.)
- (4) An entry form, filled in either English or Japanese, must be attached to the work. Page numbers must be indicated on every page of the work.
If the work is not in the form of a book, it needs to be indicated clearly if there is any specific two-page spread in the work.
(1) The Gold Award of the Japan International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA work and the Silver Award to three other excellent works.
(2) The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan on the occasion of the award ceremony for around 10 days as a supplementary prize (the fine work winners are not entitled).
Application fee :
No application fees.
Art Contest Title: Call for entries “JIA Illustration Award 2020”
Art Contest Title: Call for entries “JIA Illustration Award 2019”
Closed: Application guideline for JIAIllustration Award 2020 is in preparation.
Eligibility: Anyone, professional or amateur, can apply.
Contest Category: You can apply for works of any genre, including hand-painted works, digital works, and three-dimensional works.
be original works which have not been used for jobs.
The images you show on your web site are OK.
There is no limit to the number of entries.
Scan them or take photos and turn them into digital data.
Take 3 photos of each work from 3 directions and make them one set.
Make your works JPEG files, the color mode should be RGB.
The width and the heights should be within 2,000 pixels.
First name_Last name_number.jpg (ex. andy_warhol_1.jpg)
You have to pay the entry fee from April 1st to June 30th
You can pay the entry fee via PayPal.
We recommend to pay via PayPal, as the fee of banks is expensive.
The name of the person in charge is “Takahiro Kanie” and the mail address is.
In case you pay via PayPal, the entry fee is 3,700 yen for the first piece, and 3,200 yen (2,200 yen for JIA member) for each from the second piece include the remittance fee.
send the prize and certificate and annual illustration book by the end of
And we pay the prize money via PayPal.
Application fee :
the entry fee is 3,700 yen
The comix competition Nouveau talent BDFIL 2019
Art Contest Title: The comix competition Nouveau talent BDFIL 2019
Application deadline: July 1, 2019 (closed)
The comix competition Nouveau talent BDFIL 2019 is open to anyone over the age of 15 domiciled in Switzerland or abroad and whose work has never been published in the form of an album, regularly in a large-circulation newspaper or magazine, or an expert reviewed online platform (such as Grandpapier.org for instance) or under any editorial license. Participants whose work is being published on the 1st of July 2019 will be disqualified. Each participant may enter one project only. As the competition aims to encourage and recompense complete artists, collective entries will not be accepted. Winners of previous competitions, with the exception of ‘special mentions’, are not allowed to re-enter.
Contest Category: theme: “The Mirror”
Every project should present a complete story, on one board, with or without text, and be closely connected with the theme of the competition: “Shadow”. This theme may be freely interpreted. Every project should be presented on a format A3 (29.7 X 42 cm maximum) and in the French format (vertical). Projects that contain no narrative or that are presented in a different format will be automatically excluded from the competition. Participants are free to choose the style, form and the materials used for their projects. Any text/dialogue used in the story must be in French, German, English or Italian.
2.1) The name, first name, date of birth (day/month/year), complete postal address, telephone number (mobile or/and land line) and e-mail address of the participant must be written clearly on the back of the project.
2.2) The registration must be confirmed via an online form, available on the website: www.bdfil.ch/concoursnouveau-talent-2019. If you do not have any access to any internet connection, please call us at +41 (0)21 312 78 10.
Send their project (A3 format) to the festival address by July 1, 2019: BDFIL Festival / Concours nouveau talent / Place de la Cathédrale 12 / 1005 Lausanne
Contest Prizes: it carries prize money totalling CHF 5’000.- (€ 4’406.- approx*)
Application fee : free
The International Festival of Comics and Games Contest in Łódź, Poland
Art Contest Title: The International Festival of Comics and Games Contest in Łódź, Poland
Application deadline: The deadline for this year is July 31, 2019.
Eligibility: open to anyone.
The contest is held annually by the International Festival of Comics and Games in Łódź, Poland.
The International Festival of Comics and Games features various competitions and contests. One of them is the competition for a short comics story, where participants prepare a comics, up to 8 pages long. It has been organized since 1991. The participants compete for the Grand Prix, 3 prizes and 3 special awards.
You may submit a short comic story, up to 8 pages. There is no theme.
The following techniques are allowed: drawing, painting, digital art and photography.
1. A participant can submit one complete and full story, up to 8 pages.
2. By ‘participant’ we understand: one person responsible for the story and drawings; a duo of artists; a larger group of artists. One artist (drawer or writer) can be a part of many duos or groups.
3. The pages should be in a vertical A4 (210 x 297 mm) or A3 (297 x 420 mm) format. On the back of each page there should be: title of the work, page number, name and surname of the author/s, their functions (artist/scenarist etc.), home address, e-mail and phone number. The names of the authors should be written only on the back of the page.
4. When sending original pages, copies or prints you should enclose a CD or DVD with the digital version of the work (tiff or jpg, CMYK, A4 – 300 DPI).
5. The package with submitted work should also include a filled-out and signed entry form of each author, available at www.komiksfestiwal.com.
6. The works should be securely packed in a stiff, cardboard folder, which should be signed, enabling the organizers to send it back to the owner by post (copies and prints will not be returned). The organizer is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged or untimely competition entries.
7. The works should be sent to the following address: “EC1 Lodz – Miasto Kultury”, ul. Targowa 1/3, 90-022 Lodz, Poland with a note on the package ‘KOMIKS 2018’.
Contest Prizes: All the winners will obtain financial prizes. Grand Prix – 7 000 PLN, 1st prize – 4 500 PLN; 2nd prize – 3 500 PLN; 3rd prize – 2 000 PLN; three special awards – 1 000 PLN each. Proper tax will be deducted from all prizes.
Application fee : The participation fee is 30 PLN for participants from Poland, 10 Euros for participants from other countries. The amount should be transferred to the account: Stowarzyszenie Tworcow CONTUR, ul. Roosevelta 17, 90-056 Lodz, mBank, account no. PL66 1140 2017 0000 4902 0245 4189 (SWIFT: BREX PL PW MBK), and the confirmation of payment should be attached to the submitted work.
Application website: http://komiksfestiwal.com/en/konkursy/miedzynarodowy-konkurs-na-krotka-forme-komiksowa/
International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda 2022
Art Contest Title: International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda 2022
The International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda – Francisco Mantecón Competition opens the call for its 15th edition.
Graphic artists, design studios, associations and universities around the world are invited to take part in the most prestigious graphic design competition sponsored by a private initiative.
DEADLINE: February 28, 2022
More info in the website: check conditions
Art Contest Title: 2021 Call for artists “Embracing Our Differences”
Application deadline: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2019
Eligibility: Your submission must be an original concept and execution and is not a copy or reproduction of the work of another. Final selections for inclusion will be made by a three-judge panel of art professionals based on artistic excellence and originality in reflection of our theme “enriching lives through diversity.”
Artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, students — everyone can participate. National and international submissions are encouraged.
Contest Category: Artists are asked to submit their interpretation of the theme “enriching lives through diversity.”
Application Steps: TO SUBMIT ONLINE, FOR DETAILS, REQUIREMENTS & TO VIEW PAST WINNING ENTRIES, VISIT Official website.
Contest Prizes: $3,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards — $1,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult;” “Best-in-Show Student;” and the “People’s Choice” award.
Application fee: There is no submission fee.
Art Contest Title: HIDA-TAKAYAMA INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY WOODBLOCK-PRINTS TRIENNALE
Application deadline: October 1 – 31, 2019 .
Eligibility: This contest is open to the general public.
*Since ancient times, surrounded by forests, Hida Takayama has developed a unique culture for woodblock printing. This style of printing has always been popular in the area and is specifically called “Hida Woodblock Printing.” While passing down traditional techniques, Hida artisans have been creating original pieces of art. In order to promote and let the world know about the culture of Hida Takayama, the Hida Takayama International Contemporary Woodblock- Prints Triennial invites both domestic and international artists to showcase their create new technical innovation and creativity.
This contest is open to the general public. Each applicant may submit up to two pieces of artwork. Artwork must have been created in 2018 or later. Artwork which has already been submitted to another competition will not be accepted. The maximum paper size should be 90cm x 90cm (35.43in x 35.43in). Initial screening (based on an image of the artwork): 1. Photo format: Jpeg (no more than 3000×2400pixels)
2. Application forms can be downloaded from the website below: http://www.city.takayama.lg.jp/kurashi/1000021/1000118/1006776/1006777.html
* Put the artwork data and application form in the same folder and e-mail it to the address below. The maximum folder size should be 10MB. The folder name must be “HTCPT- (applicant’s name).” email@example.com
* Application forms must be in kaisho-style Japanese or block-style English.
* Application forms should not be handwritten but typed.
* Applications must be received between Tuesday, October 1 and 5p.m. Thursday, October 31, 2019 Japan time.
* Results of the initial screening will be posted at the end of January 2020. Secondary screening (based on the actual artwork): The maximum paper size should be 90cm x 90cm (35.43in x 35.43in).
Artwork should be mailed without a frame.
* Information including the address of the destination and the payment method of the application fee and the return fee will be sent to any applicant who passes the initial screening process.
* All artwork must be received by 5p.m. Monday, March 16, 2020.
* Results of the secondary screening will be posted in mid May 2020.
First Prize/1 Winner (500,000 yen/4 062 euro)
Second Prize/1 Winner (300,000 yen/2 437 euro)
Third Prize/1 Winner (200,000 yen/1 624 euro)
Fourth Prize/5 Winners (50,000 yen per winner/ 406 euro)
Hida Woodblock Print Prize/1 Winner (50,000 yen/406 euro)
Sponsors’ Prize/6 Winners (30,000 yen per winner/406 euro)
Free for the initial screening and 2,000 yen per piece of artwork for the secondary screening. A fee will be charged to applicants who pass the initial screening.
Andreu World International Design Contest
Art Contest Title: Andreu World International Design Contest
Application deadline: 29th November 2019.
* design students and to professionals,without age limit.
In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.A. in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
Following registration, a personal file is created for each contestant. This file serves to identify the Contestant in the Contest Website during this year’s Competition and future editions.
Participants may only register themselves via the registration form available in our website. Participants may register only once. Registration is not transferable.
New participants may register by completing the form available via the Access menu in the website. Following registration, participants will be sent an email with a link to validate the registration.
Once registered, participants can identify themselves in the website using their personal password in order to consult and modify their personal data in the “Edit your data” section within the “Personal data” menu.
Participants may complete the Registration process for the Andreu World International Design Contest once they have obtained a participant number. Once you have identified yourself in the website, you can consult and request your participant numbers (for example: 20190001) in the Participant numbers section within the Inscription menu.
Each participant must request a participant number for each project presented. You can request as many participant numbers as are necessary.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
- A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
- A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from United States of America.
- CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
- Production costs.
- Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
the presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
The maximum video duration (*.avi) will be 2 minutes and should be
created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920×1080) and
maximum resolution of 2160p (3840×2160).
File size in avi format cannot exceed 1 Gb.
The video should be uploaded to the Andreu World contest website. Once identified, access the menu option “Upload video”, where you can upload the file, renaming it with the “participant number” (e.g. “20190001.avi”).
All documentation must sent to by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to our offices, before 29th November 2019.
Andreu World, S.A.,
C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia
T. +34 96 180 57 00
or P.O. Box Nº 127,
C.P. 46370 Chiva
T. +34 96 180 57 00
Projects sent from the United States of America can be sent to the following address before 15th November 2019.
Andreu World America
Attn: 2017 Design Contest
222 Merchandise Mart
Chicago, Illinois 60654
T. +1 312 464 09 00
The following prizes will be awarded:
1st prize of 4000 euros
2nd prize of 2000 euros
Will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors: Design, Industry, Media and other fields related to creative activities.
The jury will also award up to a maximum of 4, non-monetary, special mentions.
Smithsonian.com’s 17th Annual Photo Contest, win a trip to south Carolina and 2500$.
Art Contest Title: Smithsonian.com’s 17th Annual Photo Contest.
Application deadline: April 2, 2019, and ends November 30, 2019, at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Eligibility: The Grand Prize, Readers’ Choice prize, Natural World, Travel, People, The American Experience, Altered Images and Mobile category prizes are open to photographers who are 18 years old or older. Individuals affiliated with the Smithsonian Institution, including employees, emeriti, Regents, trustees, interns, volunteers, fellows, research associates and their immediate families (children, parents, siblings and spouses) and others living in their households, as well as employees of The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel, its parent or affiliate companies as well as their immediate families (children, parents, siblings and spouses) and others living in their households, are not eligible for any prize. The Smithsonian will determine winners’ eligibility in its sole discretion.
The following six contest categories are drawn from subjects of special interest to Smithsonian.com:
1. Natural World: Animals, plants and landscapes; geological or climatological features; and scientific processes and endeavors.
2. Travel: Locales, peoples or activities in the United States and abroad that convey a sense of place.
3. People: Portraits and photos of groups or individuals.
4. The American Experience: Events, objects or activities connecting the American people to their history or their cultural heritage; photographs that tell us what it means to be an American and provide a sense of what it is like to live in this country.
5. Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects.
6. Mobile: Any photograph taken with a mobile device (phone or tablet).
Application Steps: Submit your Art piece to the following website website link.
*$2,500, plus a trip to Southwest Florida, $1,000 flight voucher for travel.
* The winners of each of the six categories will receive $500.
*The winner of the online Readers’ Choice award will receive $500.