The competition is open to design students, graphic designers, plastic artists, photographers and graphic producers in general, of any age and nationality.
The Biennial of the Poster Bolivia BICeBé® is the most important international event of design and visual arts in Bolivia and the Southern Cone. More than 15,000 student and professional designers have participated of the activities and from more than 76 countries around the world has been part of the exhibitions, making the BICeBé a true global celebration of design. The BICeBé takes place every two years in the month of November in the city of La Paz, Bolivia and generates itineraries with its design exhibitions to other cities in the country as well as other countries in the world.
There are five categories:
• Published works
Category A — Cultural posters
Category B — Social posters
Category C — Advertising or commercial posters
• Unpublished works
Category D — unpublished posters on the topic: THE ERA OF DISINFORMATION
Category E — unpublished animated GIF on the topic: WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT
Design technique is free. Format for categories A,B & C may not be less than 50 x 70 cm. In category D format must be 70 x 100 cm vertical. In category E for animated poster format must be 1000 x 1380 pixels (verical) and should last 15 seconds.
Category A: US$ 4,000
Category B: US$ 2,000
Category C: US$ 2,000
Category D: US$ 5,000
The Best Bolivian Poster of all categories: US$ 1,000
The Best Bolivian Poster in Category D: US$ 1,000
- Contestants may be design students, graphic designers, plastic artists, photographers and graphic producers in general, of any age and nationality, having posters printed between April 2017 and March 2019, except for those submitting as Category D and E that must be unpublished.
- Each contestant can submit up to ten (10) posters including series and categories A,B,C & D. Category D which doesn’t accept series. Category E will accept up to two (2) animated GIF, per designer. The maximum limit per designer or studio is up to ten (10) posters and 2 GIFs.
- Design technique is free. Format for categories A,B & C may not be less than 50 x 70 cm. In Category D format must be 70 x 100 cm. VERTICAL. In Category E for animated poster format must be 1000 x 1380 pixeles (vertical) and should last 15 seconds.
ABOUT POSTERS DIGITAL SUBMISSION
BEFORE SENDING CONSIDER THAT:
- The designer must provide a valid and active email for future communications.
- Multiple submissions with different emails are not accepted. In that case we will considered for pre-selection only the first 10 posters.
- Series are not considered as one poster.
- Double check your formats and resolution before submitting your work to avoid problems and system rejection.
- Go to www.bicebebolivia.com/poster-submission
- Fill all required information in english or spanish ONLY.
- In categories A, B, C & D upload your files at 60 cms. tall for vertical width for horizontal, JPG, 8 compression, RGB format at 300 dpi. Each poster must not weigh more than 10 MB.
- For Category E, submit your animated GIF at 1000 x 1380 pixels (vertical) 15 seconds long and 10 MB of maximun weight.
- Accept all Rules & Conditions and click send (Point 4).
If you submitted everything correctly you will receive a confirmation email within the next 48 hours. Please send files only once to avoid a null participation.
ABOUT EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Posters will be evaluated and selected by a Selection Committee formed by distinguished designers, artists, illustrator and curators designated by the BICeBé.
The official announcement of selected posters will be on MONDAY APRIL 22th, 2019 in our website and social networks.
ABOUT SHIPMENT OF SELECTED PRINTED POSTERS
- In case of being selected, the designer or studio AGREES —accepting all Rules & Conditions— to send TWO PRINTED POSTERS of each selected poster or choose local printing and transfer US$50 per poster via WESTERN UNION. Not complying with this term would mean automatic elimination from the final jury.
- Each selected poster include the Entry Form, that will be emailed to you with our postal address. This form must be printed, filled and attached without damaging the poster. The form must be filled in English or Spanish only.
- For those who decide to send their printed posters, consider a tube resistant poster package with protection in order to preserve your work. Not mistreated or folded poster will be accepted. If the poster arrives damaged, the designer will be notified to make the local printing as mentioned at point 4.1.
- Selected designer should be pending of BICeBé email communications and send their printed posters or make an effective money transfer within a maximum period of 35 days after the selection announcement.
- Submission of printed posters must be made only by public mail services and EMS. BICeBé will NOT accept or pay additional costs and taxes of shipments made throughout private companies (DHL, UPS, FEDEX, etc.). The shipment must be sent with NO COMMERCIAL VALUE/SIN VALOR COMERCIAL declared and shall bear the phrase.
ABOUT POSTER CALL CONDITION
- The responsible organizer is authorized to reproduce the posters submitted to the contest, in catalogs, exhibitions, promotional editions, electronic media, as well as promotional events of the Biennale whose purposes will be non-profit, respecting the credit of the autors.
- All posters will become part of the acquis of the BICeBé®.
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse the participation of posters that are considered offensive to morality or culture of any country and that of those who do not comply with the requirements of this solicitation.
*ABOUT JURY: The jury will be composed by a panel of prestigious national and international guest designers who will determine the winners, during the week of activities of BICeBé 2019.
*ABOUT THE WINNERS: The winners will be announced during the main ceremony on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019.
Each year, Fumetto Comic Festival Lucerne holds a competition to give comic creators the opportunity to compare their work, present it to a broader public and to exchange views with others.
Bike – We love our bike, cycle or two-wheeler. No matter what you call it, biking is the best way to get around: fast and flexible! We enjoy whizzing away feeling the wind in our faces – full of energy but emission-free. How do you think about that? Are you located in a bike paradise or fighting your way through the urban jungle, headed to Kilimanjaro or just to the next bakery – draw us your bike story!
4th of January 2019 (date of postmark)
Register under the application form, wait for an e-mail which provides your user number, print e-mail and enclose it in you application.
-FORMAT: A4 or A3 (other formats enclose application will be disqualified)
-FORM: Only comics (stories in picture form), no entries via e-mail.
-NUMBER OF PAGES: Maximum 4 (only 1 comic story).
LABELING: Name, address, telephone number, e-mail, user number, date of birth and paging on the back of each page.
PACKAGE: sturdy envelope, no rolls.
RETURN POSTAGE: For Swiss residents only: stamps or money in the value of the stamps needed. Foreigners: 15 Euro. If the return postage is not enclosed or not sufficient the works will not be sent back but kept for one year.
Cat. 1: 18 years or older / Cat. 2: 13 to 17 years / Cat. 3: up to 12 years of age (reference date is the deadline)
Register under the application form «Schule» and enclose the list with names and details of the participating students and information about school, class, teacher, e-mail and telephone number.
Forty to fifty comics will be nominated by the jury and shown in the exhibition during the festival, those not nominated will be shown in folders.
Fumetto will award three prizes in each category. There will also be a prize for the best scenario, regardless of the categories. The festival‘s visitors will be able to vote for the peoples choice award.
Send Comics to:
Fumetto Wettbewerb, Rössligasse 12, CH–6004 Lucerne, Switzerland
Confirmation of participation will be sent by the end of January 2019. The works will be returned by the end of August 2019.
Fumetto assumes no liability in case the work sent to us is lost, or damaged. Fumetto acquires the using rights of all submitted works. In particular, Fumetto is entitled to use all submitted works, as well as parts of it, for journalistic coverage, selfpromotion and/or possibly for reproductions in publications or a touring exhibition. Unless the sender instructs otherwise, Fumetto is entitled to pass on the addresses of the comic creators.