This competition is open to any natural or corporate person subject only to the restrictions imposed by current legislation.
Original copies of entries, which must be unpublished, are to be submitted or mailed (by recorded delivery if the participant so wishes) to the offices of Bodegas Terras Gauda in O Rosal (Galicia, Spain). All entries must be submitted in two formats:
- · Recorded in high resolution on a CD or pen-drive (in PC- readable format) in editable format: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator o Freehand.
- · Posters must be printed and attached to some sort of suitably protected 50 x 70 cm rigid support, such as foam core board, and include an email address and a contact telephone number written on the back.
Any form of photographic, painting or computerised techniques, etc may be used.
Under exceptional circumstances originals created using painting techniques (oil, watercolours, guasch, pastels, etc) may be accepted without a computerised format.
Each participant is allowed to present a maximum of two entries.
Participant may base their entries on the theme of their choice, although ideally they will reflect corporate issues of the organising company, principally relating to its white wines of the Albariño variety Terras Gauda and Abadía de San Campio wines. Credit will be given for creativity and the incorporation of the Company’s logo into the design.
If requested, Bodegas Terras Gauda will provide the designers with a vectored copy of the logo that may be apllied to the works, as well as images of their products. These will be available at the following web: www.terrasgauda.com and www.franciscomantecon.com
The works will be presented inside a sealed envelope bearing the author’s pseudonym. It is critical that the following information be included:
- · Artist’s full name.
- · Photocopy of his/her Identity Card.
- · Address, Telephone Number and email, also be made on the back of the poster.
- · Written acceptance of the competition rules available at www.franciscomantecon.com
For cultural purposes only, no commercial value is the phrase that is written on customs forms when posters are sent internationally.
ADDRES AND CLOSING DATE
The works are to be sent to: Bodegas Terras Gauda, S. A., at the following address: Carretera de Tui-A Guarda, km. 55, O Rosal – 36760 Pontevedra, Spain, before 6 p.m. on 30 September 2017. All those works postmarked prior to 6 p.m. on 30 September will be accepted.
The winning works and all corresponding rights will become the property of Bodegas Terras Gauda, S. A., that likewise reserves the right to reproduce the finalists’ works.
Once the participating posters have been exhibited for the panel of judges, the media and the general public, they will be destroyed to ensure that they will not be used for purposes other than participation in this contest.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The jury of the International Biennial Poster Design Terras Gauda – Francisco Mantecón Competition 2017 will be chaired by José Mª Fonseca Moretón, Chairman of Bodegas Terras Gauda.
In addition, the panel of judges also includes:
- · Dña. Pilar Barreiro Mosquera · Philologist and widow of Francisco Mantecón.
- · D. Pepe Gimeno · Graphic Designer, 5 TDC Communication Design Awards (Type Directors Club of New York).
- · D. Enrique Costas Rodríguez · Managing Director of Bodegas Terras Gauda.
- · D. Enrique López Veiga · President of Autoridad Portuaria de Vigo.
- · D. Enrique Cotillas · Deputy director of Design and Graphics of RTVE.
- · D. Paulino Novo Folgueira · Philologist (Panel secretary).
- · Dña. Angelika Jaglinska · Winner of the past edition.
The judges’ decision is final an they hold sole responsibility for resolving any situation not contemplated in these rules and conditions.
Terras Gauda Wineries shall award:
- · GRAND PRIZE, WORTH 10,000 EUROS
- · 1st HONORABLE MENTION, AUTORIDAD PORTUARIA AWARD, WORTH 2,000 EUROS
- · 2nd HONORABLE MENTION, WORTH 2,000 EUROS
- · SPECIAL MENTION, WORTH 2,000 EUROS (The warehouse reserves the right to grant a Special Mention).
The judges may opt not to award any of the prizes. In this event, the corresponding prize money is to be donated to an organisation that, in the opinion of the panel of judges, has made an outstanding social or cultural contribution to Galicia.
The jury’s decision will be announced at a public event to held before 31 December 2017, on a date and at place to be comunicated ind due course to those designers whose entries are accepted as finalists in the competition, and also published on the www.terrasgauda.com and www.franciscomantecon.com websites.
For further information, please contact Bodegas Terras Gauda, S.A.
Telephone 986 621 111/981 227 200
Fax 986 621 084